Red Car Service/Off-Hour Paratransit Service
The Red Car/Off-Hour Paratransit Service
is an escort service that provides transportation to university employees, students, visitors, and other authorized individuals
between university facilities and from university facilities to points of public transportation, or to private residences within a designated area.
The vehicle used for this purpose is popularly known as the "Red Car" and operates within the following general boundaries:
- Halsted Street on the East
- Eisenhower Expressway on the north
- Western Avenue on the west
- Roosevelt Road on the south
Services are also extended to include the Chemical Engineering Building and the Access Living location at 614 West Roosevelt Road.
General inquiries may submitted via e-mail to Rides@uic.edu.
- Please call (312) 996-6800.
- Red Car Service hours of operation - 11:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.
- Red Car Service operates 7 days per week, including holidays.
- In order to provide prompt and efficient service a one-hour lead-time is requested (but not mandatory)
for customers requiring Paratransit Service.
- Proof of residency may be requested when providing service to private residence.
- UIC identification (i-Card) must be presented to driver when boarding.