Campus Auto Rental Service
The Campus Auto Rental Service (CARS) provides vehicles for rental on a daily or monthly basis.
We offer sedans, 7-passenger vans, 9-passenger vans, and 15-passenger vans for use by UIC faculty, staff, and student employees. Vehicles are to be used by employees
for conducting University business ONLY.
Please see Business and Financial Policies and Procedures Section 15 - Use of University Motor Vehicles
for University rules and eligibility requirements.
- Drivers must possess and present a valid driver's license issued in their state of residence.
- The driver's license needs to be appropriate for the type of University motor vehicle that the employee is authorized to drive.
- Drivers must agree to operate University motor vehicles in accordance with applicable State and Local laws, and University regulations.
- Drivers must have a copy of their Departmental Driver Approval Form on file with their department.
Reserving a Vehicle
Call the CARS Reservation Office at (312) 996-2886 (6-AUTO) to reserve a vehicle. Please have the following information available:
- Department Name
- Drivers Name & Telephone
- Date and Time of Vehicle Pick-up
- Date and Time of Return
- Vehicle Type (sedan, 7-passenger, 9-Passenger, 15 Passenger)
- C-FOP account number
You may pick-up your vehicle on the day of your reservation during CARS business hours:
If you need to leave before 7:00 A.M., please come in the day prior to complete your reservation. If you are leaving on Saturday or Sunday, please come in on the Friday prior.
- Monday through Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
You MUST bring the following items with you:
- A completed and SIGNED Car Release Order form.
- Your drivers license
- Alternate drivers (any authorized driver in addition to the primary driver whose name is listed on the Car Release Order Form) must read, provide the information requested on page three (3), and sign the Alternate Drivers Car Release Certification Form.
- All drivers must present their actual driver's license for inspection. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Upon Return, fill out the mileage card and bring the card and vehicle keys into the office. After office hours, you may use key drop box in the rear of the Transportation facility.
If you are unable to return on your specified day, please inform the C.A.R.S. office at (312) 996-2886.
If you have reserved a vehicle, you must cancel the reservation no later than 24-hours prior to your scheduled pick-up date. Otherwise, a one-day rental will be charged to your account.
Location and Hours
The CARS office is located in the Transportation Facility (View Map).
Address: Transportation Facility (MC 269), 1351 South Morgan Street, Chicago, IL 60607
Phone: (312) 996-2886 -- Fax: (312) 413-4093
Office Hours: 7:00 am to 4:30 pm (CT) Monday through Friday